How to Get Listed on Google Shopping
With a rise in eCommerce, it can be difficult to get your products in front of potential customers.
Finding new ways to market your product and constantly analyzing and revising your strategies are the key to success.
One way of getting your products in front of your target audience is to use Google Shopping Ads.
This is your guide to getting listed on Google Shopping, including the steps you need to take as well as tips and tricks that will ensure success.
What are Google Shopping Ads?
There is no doubt you have seen them but may not know what they are.
Google shopping ads are the images that are above, or beside organic listings on Google’s search results page.
The main characteristics of Google shopping ads are that there are always pictures, prices, and a description that accompanies the ad.
They are more robust than typical text-based ads and organic listings because they are geared towards grabbing the viewer’s attention and drawing them in.
Why are Google Shopping Ads an Effective Means of Advertising?
Google Shopping Ads is effective in increasing your sales for numerous reasons:
- It is an excellent method for matching interested buyers with your products.
- Due to the fact that it is not yet available worldwide, it remains a cheaper option for advertising your products.
- You only pay when a prospective buyer clicks on your ad.
- You are also able to set a daily budget, based on what you are willing to spend on advertising.
5 Steps to Getting Started With Google Shopping Ads
1. Create a Google Ads Account
The first step in getting started with Google Shopping Ads is to create a Google Ads account. Google Ads will allow you to create optimized shopping campaigns.
2. Create a Google Merchant Center
Creating a Google Merchant Center will allow you to export your products from your e-commerce store. You can conveniently synchronize your store with your merchant account.
3. Link The Two Accounts
It is important to link the two accounts so that your Google Ads account has access to product information from your Google Merchant Center.
4. Create Your Google Shopping Ads Campaign
You must now decide on settings including a name for your campaign, the country you are targeting, budgets for how much you’re willing to spend on clicks. Any of these settings can be changed at a later date if need be.
5. Optimizing Your Google Shopping Ads Campaign
Once you’ve launched your Google Shopping Ads Campaign, you will want to make sure you are getting the desired results.
It may take a little bit of trial and error to optimize your Google Shopping Ads Campaign.
Tips and Tricks to Get the Most Out of Google Shopping
- Make sure your e-commerce store and your Google Merchant account are synchronized so that the correct products, prices, and the number of inventory are always reflected.
- Follow all Google Shopping Ads’ rules.
- Use keywords in all of your product titles.
- Conduct research to make sure your prices are competitive.
- Constantly test bids.
- Insert links to your website.
Let’s work together!
Interested in increasing your sales and brand awareness through digital advertising campaigns? Check out our digital advertising agency services.